Friday, August 13, 2010

First Day of School

Well, like it or not, our summer came to a screeching halt on Tuesday. The doors to the school officially opened and the boys were actually excited to go back. In fact, this is the first year Isaac has been excited about school. No tears!! Yay!! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not sending him off a nervous wreck.

Here they are! Brotherly love!     



Here's my big 6th grader. Oh my, doesn't even sound right to say that yet! Seriously, this boy was just a baby not long ago, and now he's entering his last year of elementary school. He's growing like a weed. He is as tall as me (ok, which isn't tall when you are my age, but it is kinda tall when you are 11...ha!) He's in a size 10 shoe after starting school in a size 7 last year! In fact, he's about to catch up with his daddy! If anyone knows how we can stop this growth and growing older process, please let me know! In all honesty, I have enjoyed every age and stage so far. Just can't believe how fast it has gone!


And then there's this lil guy. Isn't he cute?? He's a big 2nd grader this year and so excited that he gets to bring a water bottle to class with him this year. If that's all it takes to excite him, so be it. This was the first year it wasn't like trying to put a cat into the bath to get him to school. I was at such peace this year, knowing he was also. Isaac seems to be finally growing some and is really maturing before our eyes. Of course, being the baby we always tease him about putting a brick on his head to keep him from getting any bigger. :-)

And it has been so HOT, HOT, HOT this week! I think you can even "see" the humidity in the pics!

2 comments:

Lora said...

Aww, such sweet boys! I'm very glad that Isaac wasn't upset to go to school this year. That has to do your heart good!

Barbara said...

Adorable boys, you have a nice blog here, been a long time since you posted, I will invite you to my blog I have many things of interest too, hugs and blessings, Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/