Monday, June 30, 2008

Irony...

So, my last post was for free gum...I love anything free! :) But, I think I'll be hiding my free gum when it arrives...near the end of church yesterday, I see a child come into the sanctuary trying to be stealth, but making lots of noise. I always hold my breath when this happens, because we just never know what Isaac might do. I was feeling pretty good that it wasn't him, since the kid was on the other side of the sanctuary. That is, until I realized that's where we usually sit and he couldn't find us!! When he spotted me, he ran (barefoot, at that!?). At once I saw it...the long stripe of gum across the top of his head!! At first I thought it was silly string or something...but no such luck! We took off for the kitchen with my favorite hairdresser in tow (thanks Bev!) in search of peanut butter and ice. We found the ice, but had to settle for Mazola spray, but it did the job. We did get it mostly out and all that remained was a greasy head! :) I made Isaac go apologize to Seth for interrupting the service, which he was really embarrassed to do. The funny thing is, we always sit on the other side of the sanctuary, no certain pew, just the usual side. Courtney's parents (whom I affectionately call the outlaws) were with us and saved us seats on the "wrong" side. As it turns out, that's also where the gum came from...Isaac had a long stripe of robin-egg blue gum, which turned out to be pomegranite Orbit!

After church we ended up going out to lunch with the outlaws. As I returned to the table from the buffet, I look over to see Isaac....chewing gum!!!!!!!! Why oh why??????

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm really sorry that happened, but am still blaming Ben since I wasn't in there! =) Glad it all came out though!

beverlyj said...

Who knew that spray cooking oil would work so well :) Glad it came out!