So, a lot has been going on and I've been wanting to blog. Andrew was sick, then me, then countless appts, a new part-time job, and all sorts of other things going on. This week, my big delay has been the fact that I've apparently lost my camera cord. Can't upload my pics without it... So, in a perfect world, these are the posts you might've seen:
1. Isaac won the Fire Safety Coloring Contest at school. There was a winner from each grade that got a trophy (K-2), then the overall winner also got a bicycle. He won!!! He was so excited! Andrew also won in kindergarten, but wasn't the overall winner of the bike. Kinda cool for Isaac...and he has a bike to grow into in a couple of years.
2. My sister got married Saturday. The ceremony was beautiful, simple, and sweet. She married a wonderful man who has loved her and the kids unconditionally from day one. She deserves this happiness!! Best wishes to the newlyweds...and I'd post a pic if I could.
3. I have a new job! I had been praying about a way to make extra money that was extremely flexible. My friend Jennifer and I are splitting the church custodian's job, which is 10 hours a week. It's certainly flexible, and nice to know we are there to back each other up if one of us can't get our time in! God answers prayer! (Even when I find the camera cord, don't look for pictures of me cleaning urinals or anything :)
4. Helen (Courtney's mom) has retired and is officially living here now. The boys are loving it!! It was nice to be able to take her out for b'day lunch yesterday. She chose The Gathering Place, so we ate and shopped a little while both boys were at school.
5. Andrew chose to celebrate his b'day at Mi Pueblo's in Washington. They even put a huge sombrero on him and came out singing! BTW, if you're reading closely, here's the answer to the "What Is It?" post. The pic was taken at Mi Pueblo's and it is used to form hard taco shells.
6. That's all I can think of for now...maybe I'll find that cord and get some pics up soon.