Sunday, February 28, 2010

A cord of three strands

We went to the best wedding I think I've ever been to last night. Our pastor was married to another dear friend of ours. My husband had the honor of being a groomsman and I was a server. This couple is so special to us, and obviously so many others. In fact, there wasn't a local church big enough to hold all their loved ones! They were married in a large community center in the heart of Amish country!

The bride and groom wrote their own vows and made a covenant with God and each other to love and serve God and others. Then, they served communion to each guest who wanted to partake. I know God has big plans for their ministry together, and I was deeply moved by the fact that they began this ministry on their wedding day.

The wedding was typical in many ways, and then different in so many others. I think it was the perfect day that the bride has dreamed of all of her life! It was such an honor and a blessing to be a part of this special day. I look forward to seeing God work in the lives of these two who love God, each other, and others so much!

"A cord of three strands is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12

1 comment:

Lauren said...

YOU ARE PRECIOUS--thanks for such sweet and loving words!

and no that girl moments to speak of.