Monday, December 22, 2008

The End of an Era

On Saturday the RCA Dome was imploded and this Indy landmark is now just a memory. I can remember taking a field trip in 5th grade to tour it, back in the good ol' days when it was still called the Hoosier Dome. :) I saw several marching band state finals there, and just last year had the awesome opportunity to visit one last time and sit in the Anthem suite. (Wow!) But, there's something bigger and better in town now, called Lucas Oil Stadium. I'm sure it is pretty cool, but I will have a soft spot in my heart for the old Hoosier Dome.

2 comments:

gquad said...

Ahhh, I didn't know they did that to the Hoosier Dome. I remember going to DCI contests (drum core international) and sneaking McDonalds in under our coats because we could not afford the pricey stadium food! :) Goodtimes

D. Fresh said...

This is probably horrible, but the first time I truly remember hearing about the RCA/Hoosier Dome was wanting soooo badly to go see Wrestlemania VII and not being able to.

Oh well.