Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow Day

I woke up early this morning to hear rain falling and the phone ringing. I knew it was Courtney telling me there was a 2 hour delay, and I was right. Woo Hoo! Not that I went back to sleep, but the boys got to sleep in and I came downstairs and enjoyed some peace and quiet. By the time they got up, school had been cancelled. I can't say either one was too sad. We made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and ate them while watching the Grinch. We will finish decorating the tree, although right now it's pretty lopsided after the cat's overnight adventures. :( It's a good day to be inside together. I, for one, don't mind the occassional snow (ice) day!

3 comments:

crystal said...

you can make the best memories on snow days. enjoy. I envy you.

Carol said...

well, you could put on your skates and come join us! :)

crystal said...

I would love to but I have to work this afternoon & getting your dad to go anywhere is near impossible. I would love to get all of them together & make cookies together.Then watch a movie under the blankets while eating the cookies & drinking hot chocolate.