Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Fun!



The boys were off of school this past week so we decided to go and have some fun. On Monday, Court took the day off after working the men's walk over the weekend. We took the boys out for breakfast, which we rarely do. Afterwards, we went for a "drive." We were actually headed to French Lick to the Big Splash Waterpark Hotel, but they had no idea. Court told the boys he needed to run in and use the bathroom, and Isaac kept saying, "Can't we just go home and get our swim trunks and come back?" They were quite surprised to find out we'd already packed them and we were there for the day! We had so much fun...well, except for the one time Andrew convinced me to go on the toilet bowl waterslide. As we swirled around and around the bowl part, I was convinced we would pop over the side. Then, we swirled down to the hole, which felt like a straight drop. I know I was screaming loudly. After the ride was over, Andrew was hysterical. He said I screamed, "Lord Jesus, please come back NOW!" :-)

We had a great family day and loved not having any kind of schedule. The only bad part was we ate a big breakfast purposely so we didn't have to take time out for lunch at the waterpark. When we left, we went out for pizza and Isaac realized it was supper time, but we hadn't had any lunch. He basically wouldn't eat it until we convinced him it was lunch and he could have supper when we got home. I guess not all of us enjoyed a day without a schedule.






1 comment:

Lora said...

Great pictures Carol! Looks like you had a great time. I laughed out loud at your description of the toilet bowl slide! I'm like you, I would have been terrified.